Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - Art Basel Miami

My co-worker ADB and I headed down to Miami for Art Basel.  I'd never been before, so this was quite the experience!  Although, ADB's prego too, and the main reason for going down was to network, so you can imagine two pregnant PR ladies working our shit was actually kind of shameful.  I kept picturing the bouncer in Knocked Up reprimanding us for being out in our "condition."

I'd definitely like to go back again when alcohol is involved.  I'm sure it would be a whole different kind of experience, and I'd probably be a much better networker.  ADB and I basically just ended up staring at each other for long periods of time, joking that we were on a very long date.  Minus the nookie of course!

We did get a lot done though and checked off almost everything on our itinerary.  We hit Art Basel, Scope, Pulse, and NADA fairs, went to the Graff Gone Global party, Trey Speegel at the Breakwater, stopped by Design Miami to see the David Adjaye pavilion, had brunch with some friends at the Soho Beach House, and ate at the two places that were musts on our list:  El Palacio de Los Jugos for authentic Cuban food and Garcia's Seafood.

 ADB in the Adjaye Pavilion

 Huge portions at El Palacio!  I had picadillo, rice and beans, plantains and guanabana juice

 At Garcia's.  We shared stone crab claws - 'tis the season!

At Soho Beach House
At Graff Gone Global party

No comments:

Post a Comment