Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's been 1 year and 6 days since my last post...

A lot can happen in a year.  Seriously.  Wow.

So, the good news is:

I'm pregnant.

The bad news is:

I haven't updated in a year and 6 days so I have a buttload of recapping to do.  I don't know why it's been so long.  I guess it kind of felt wrong to start a record of this pregnancy as it was happening just in case something went wrong.  There's just been too much superstition and loss and fear of loss happening around me that I didn't want to jinx it.

Today I am 27 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  In layman's terms, I'm starting my 7th month and third trimester this week.

Last night, I told V I was 27 weeks this week as we high fived.  And he goes, "So, what is that, like 5 months?"

This just goes to show how different men and women are.  My pregnancy countdown clock (in my crazy head) began the minute I saw the faintest second line on a pg test roughly 7 months ago, and each week, each day I've been aware of how far I am.  VERY aware. 

It's kind of funny that V thinks he has 4 and a half months to finish the basement when all along I've been urging him to get it done.  And now he realizes he has realistically about 2.  Good luck there, buddy.

Anyway, I guess for the next few posts I'll try to recap what I've been doing these last 7 months.  I am kind of a dodo brain potato head so I'm not sure how this will go, but I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment