Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Taking misery up a notch

If my calculations are correct, I haven't been sick in about 7 years.  So I guess I had this coming for some time.  Lord have mercy!

About a month ago, for two weeks, I had a pretty standard cold.  Sinus congestion, a bit of cough, blah.  But it went away.  All of a sudden last Wednesday, the cough came back and with a vengeance!  I am SO miserable.

I've avoided all drugs, even Tylenol, throughout this pregnancy, but I'm so desperate I've been taking Robitussin AND Sudafed (all Dr. sanctioned), and even went to see my GP who prescribed a Z-Pak.  I was going to wait to take it in the hopes that this might be viral, and not bacterial, and would go away by itself, but last night in a fit of coughing at 1 o'clock in the morning, I grabbed it and downed the first two little pills.  So now, I'm on antibiotics as well. 

The worst part about it all is that a few days ago, I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my outstretched belly.  So now every cough comes with sharp abdominal pain too.

WHEEEE!  Pregnancy is so fun!

A moment of the glass being half full to round out this bitch fest:  Freaking out that all this coughing might be hurting my little womb resident, I did a quick google search and actually read that it may be preparing little Tyrone for labor contractions, so when they actually do start, he won't experience quite as much fetal distress since he'll be used to all the spasms and tightenings.  I hope this is true...in which case, Thank You Jesus.  There really is a reason for everything!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you poor thing! I had a doozy of a cold a few weeks ago, and I felt like I got run over by a semitruck. I hope that you feel better soon, hun...and I totally applaud you for seeing the silver lining about the coughing! Baby B is so lucky to have you as his mommy! Thinking good thoughts for you and praying for a quick recovery...xoxo

    ReplyDelete