Friday, February 24, 2012

Making progress


I had a midwife appointment this morning, and while she was giving me an internal, she goes, "Oh my!  Holy moly, wow..."

I was like - WHAT?!!

She says, "Your cervix is very, very thin, and you're dilated around 2-3 cm now.  So whatever you've been doing, keep doing it."

YAY!!  I think it's really close, guys...really close.  She told me there's a straight shot right to the head and she was feeling the baby's head as she was checking me.

The only sucky thing is that she confirmed he is sunny side up which is supposed to make labor horrendous and concentrated in your back.  Apparently, it's much more painful this way.  BUT, I'm staying positive as there are no absolutes in labor.  Who knows, maybe Tyrone will just slip right out and I'll barely even realize it. 

One can hope!

In the meantime, I've watched two very helpful DVDs about calming newborns and how newborns communicate.  I very much recommend them:

-The Happiest Baby on the Block
-Dunstan Baby Language

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting! And don't worry, honey. I came out sunny side up, but I apparently twisted into that position at the last minute...so maybe Tyrone will twist OUT of it at the last minute too! Hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so crazy! Most babies twist out of it during labor or right at the end before emerging, but you went into it at the end?! You were trouble from the start! LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete