Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-chaaaanges

I guess I am officially B.I.G. because I got offered a seat on the subway two days in a row.  And the second time, I was all the way by the door not trying obtrusively to shove the bump in the face of someone seated, but a nice girl literally waved me down trying to make eye contact and coaxed me over.  I told her I was ok, but I was really so very grateful for her offer and definitely wanted her seat, and she insisted anyway, so I took it.  I don't like taking people's seats, I feel like an asshole.

Especially because without fail, the only people who offer seats are women.  What is wrong with men these days?  I even had a lady with a cast on her foot offer me a seat when I was only around 25 weeks - so not really needing it, per se.  For the record, I didn't take that one.  I gots ethics, dood.

Anyway, I'm under no delusions.  I am a big. ol. pregnant. woman.

OR...fat guy in a little coat!
 
Chris Farley (left); Me (right)

A few other changes I've noticed in the past few weeks since I've entered third trimester:
  • That dark line that runs from top to bottom of the belly called the linea negra has appeared. 
  • Belly button went from flat to outtie.
  • That leg hair that stopped growing in 2nd tri has come back with a vengeance.
  • It's getting harder to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
  • Bub's movements are huge!  It used to be that you had to put a hand on the belly to feel the kicks but now I just sit there an watch it shake and roll back and forth.  So alien!
  • First trimester fatigue is back.  Boo.

1 comment:

  1. yea for the alien movement! isn't it cool!? i told you it was coming.

    the nicer, local grocery stores would offer to carry my groceries sometimes when i was pg. always.women. you're right, what is that all about?

    ReplyDelete