Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's a miracle...

V's basement office is finished!

I gotta hand it to him.  He works well under pressure, that's for sure. 

For the past three weeks, my father-in-law would come over in the afternoon with his huge German Shepherd, Sheeba.  And while Monty and Sheeba played (annoyed each other), V and his father would toil away: painting, spackling, tiling, drilling.  In the meantime, I'd get home from work around 7pm, put on my dutiful housewife hat (steps: remove bra, rings, throw on extra large t-shirt stolen from hubs, gigantic pajama pants, put hair in ponytail), feed the dogs and cook the men awesome dinners consisting of giant slabs of meat, a potato of some sort, a veggie and salad if I was feeling ambitious.  They'd eat around 8:30pm and then head right back down to keep working. 

It was like Little House on the Prairie, Jersey City for a few weeks there.  I really sorta felt like they were raising a barn down there, with all the drilling and hammering, and animals running back and forth, with me in my womanly place in the kitchen.  God, I'm glad that's over!

So now every day he goes down there to set up his workspace, organize gear, jerk off...  I honestly have no idea what he does down there actually.  I will assume at any time, it's one of those three things.  And now that he's got his man cave all set up, I've got the whole first floor to myself!  Which is roughly about the amount of space I personally take up these days, so that's good.

Today, I finally ordered the crib and changing table/dresser.  And this weekend hopefully we'll start getting Tyrone's room all set up!  So exciting!

In exactly one month, I will be full term.  WOWZA!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being 1 month away! And congrats to V for getting the home office done. Pics, please! :)

    ReplyDelete